CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

“Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.” ~Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), "Sex and the City"

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite shows. (I originally typed that as "shoes." Subliminal, perhaps?) Since I am a runner, I can take that quite literally. This marathon hopeful has her someone. The love of my life asked me to marry him on Wednesday, May 26. Of course I said YES. Actually, it was more like "Hell yeah, I'll marry you!" Maybe I'll take the suggestion I've been given more than once and wear running shoes to the wedding. That's a valid excuse for shoe shopping, right?

And in more happy not all that related to running news...

As of June 3, I have maintained my 100 pound weight loss for a whole year! Never thought I would lose it in the first place, let alone keep it off that whole time. Yay me. Now, let's see how many more years I can get in.

3 comments:

PhoenixRising said...

I'm so happy for you and so proud!! I love the quote. I think it applies to all of us...

Melanie said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on everything...one of my FAVE quotes also.

April Plummer said...

I love you! I love that quote too, and I'm so excited for you and Greg!

Oh...PS - I gave you an award! http://writersramblings81.blogspot.com/2010/06/award-and-idea.html

Post a Comment